- This event has passed.
26 November – Advanced Life Support
26 November 22 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Event Type – Specialised Course
Organisation – HPMI
Registrations Close – 26 Nov, 2022
Location – The Council Room
Industrial Development Centre University Drive University of Newcastle, Callaghan New South Wales 2308 Australia
Venue Phone: 0405 498 262 on day
Accreditation Available – 40 RACGP QI&CPD Points
Registration Fee – $600
Topic: ADVANCED LIFE SUPPORT
- Attracts 3 Performance review PDP units, 5 Educational activity PDP units + 3 Emergency Medicine MOPS, 1 Anaesthetics Emergency Response MOP.
- A specialised course that satisfies the requirements for Registrars of the RACGP for Advanced Life Support (ALS)
- Components include theory and practical skills in CPR for all ages, defibrillation, trauma assessment, application of stiff neck collars, use of IO for vascular access, advanced airway care, managing airway obstructions with a laryngoscope and Magill forceps, cardiac arrest rhythms, ALS drug regimes and scenarios.
- Course can be run as an extension of the Resuscitation Skills for General Practice course
- Perform resuscitation using with ARC BLS and ALS guidelines, including DRSABCDE.
- Use a BVM device, oropharyngeal, nasopharyngeal and LMA airways and the use of a defibrillator in resuscitation.
- Use various suction devices and MacGill’s forceps for the relief of acute upper airway obstruction.
- Identify and manage potential cervical spinal injuries using stiff neck collars and immobilization strategies.
- Complete simulated scenarios, including team management, clinical interventions and patient safety.
Presenter: SIMON GOULD, Principal Lecturer, Medics for Life
Venue: The Council Room, Industry Development Centre (IDC), University Drive, Callaghan
Venue Phone: If you are lost on Campus please phone Security on 4921 5888 and ask them to direct you to the IDC Building. Please call 0405 498 262 if you have any other enquiries on the day.